Tuesday, January 16, 2007

mindless = happiness

I've known for awhile that I'm happiest with instant gratification projects, and/or mindless knits. I love the thought of colorwork and lace and other fanciness, but it may require more brainpower than I'm willing to give to knitting -- I'd rather spend it on Scrabble.

So, I've gotten a lot finished since xmas, but most of it has been mindless:
--reversible cable scarf for my mom
--prayer shawl for grandma
--gloves, two hats for me
--birthday present for Tim (tomorrow's the day! maybe pics after)

I've also started a bias knit scarf, to be donated to the red scarf project. I had to rip it out three times because I kept accidentally doing the increase/decrease on the wrong side, which makes it warp in interesting, but not useful ways. Now that I'm in the established pattern, I'm pretty good at remembering what's going on, but it took awhile...

Next up will be Broad Street Mittens, a pair of wrist warmers for me, maybe a cowl, and Eunny's Endpaper Mitts, if I get really motivated (although what I really crave is the Anemoi Mitts). Lots of happy small stuff.

Also? Almost (finally) done with Jaywalkers, and man, knitting on 2 size1 circs makes my fingers ache. Is it that I'm using 12" circs and don't have enough wiggle room? Am I knitting tightly? Are my hands just too big and awkward to knit with toothpicks? Not sure, but am still trying to get em done.

No comments: