Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Grenada Knitting

I'm leaving for Grenada on Sunday, for work, and I'm at a loss for what to bring, knitting-wise. It's going to be warm, so I want something light and/or small, but I don't have anything on needles right now that fits that description. Similarly, I don't know what book to bring for vacation reading. In both cases, I should start things so that I know whether I'm going to like them, because if I don't, they're all I'll have with me. With books, at least I could buy something else once I got there. With knitting, I have to commit to a single project. If only I could justify one more Clapotis, which is my favorite travel knitting, but since I've already made four...

I'm considering the rabbit-proof fence scarf or the foulard, both from Morehouse Merino. I have so much lightweight yarn right now that both have good potential. I just worry that the patterns will be too mindless. I could start new socks, but I have bad luck getting excited about socks. Something fair isle seems too complicated. Hmm.

1 comment:

woolarina said...

rabbit-proof is nice knitting, and less remembering required than clapotis. I'm almost done one and am just now getting bored.