Tuesday, June 07, 2005

weekends in fiber!

Sunday was the Mount Pleasant Craft Fair, at which I gave out many of my personal knitting "business cards" (thank you, free offer from VistaPrint), so hopefully I've had a couple of new people surf by -- if so, please don't hesitate to introduce yourselves! and, if you bought yarn from us, send along those pictures of whatever you make, and we'll be glad to post them on the woolarina.com site!

The fair was a big one, with food vendors, music stages, and a couple of blocks' worth of vendors (I don't know how many to be exact, as I tried to keep myself from doing too much shopping -- shopping negates the point of selling in some respects, although I'm always interested in trading with other crafters). I applaud all of the knitters who, like me, would brave 85 degree weather to sift through wool yarns. We sold a couple of my favorite handpaints, which is great, because it means I can make more to replace them!

Paula and I have purchased new dye colors, so keep an eye out for even more color in the near future -- and if you have any requests (e.g., "ooh, I'd love to see what you'd make with colors x and y," or, "there's this great Miro painting, and I wonder what its colors would look like in a yarn"), don't hesitate to let me know!

This coming Saturday is the Takoma Park Jazz Fest, 11am-7pm. We will be there, wearing our sunscreen! Stop by and say hello.

And so that you aren't deprived of a picture, here are some of the felted wine totes that have since gone to new homes, but never fear, more are being knitted as we speak (I'm currently working on a pink/blue/purple) and will be available on Saturday!

No comments: