Wednesday, May 10, 2006

for my dye - o - rama pal

Your favorite colors? Eggplant, Periwinkle, Sage, Merlot, Khaki, Chestnut, Midnight Blue, and I can't think of a descriptive name, but denim-y, medium blue and super-dark, almost black versions of most colors are some of my favorites. I could spend hours in the paint chip section of Home Depot.
Preferred yarn weight (Fingering, Sport, DK, maybe even Worsted)? Sport and thicker, unless I have a ton of yardage and am doing a scarf. I'm too impatient for size 0-1 needles when sock knitting.
Do you prefer solid or multicolored yarn? I like variegateds that have short bursts of color.
If your buddy is able to do so, would you like a variegated, self-striping, or self-patterning yarn? Whatever makes her happiest!
Would you be interested in a wool blend sock yarn (nylon, tencel, silk, acrylic, alpaca, etc.)? Sure!
Imagine the perfect colorway. What would you name it? Probably something cheesy like "night skies over evergreen trees in vermont."
What was the biggest appeal to you for joining this dye-along? A chance to share my yarn, and maybe knit my second ever pair of socks.
Have you dyed yarn/fiber before? Yup!
If so, what’s your favorite dye and method? Painting on immersed yarn on the stovetop. I'm sure there's a more technical name. I should do a photo documentary of it again soon. I haven't done that since back in my kool aid dyeing days. In fact, I'll add a dyebath shot here!

Do you spin? I do!
Have you knit socks before? Once, but I keep meaning to try it again.
Do you use sock yarn for just socks or in other patterns too? I use sock-weight variegateds for a lot of things.
What are some of your favorite yarns? Koigu, Reynolds Odyssey... gosh, I've been spinning a lot more than knitting recently... I haven't worked with much I'm in love with in awhile!
What yarn do you totally covet? Blue Moon Fibers - I especially love Lucy in the Sky; Iolite; and Seal Rock. Mmmm.
Favorite patterns? I had fun with Clapotis. I like quick things like wrist warmers. Anything that I can mostly memorize is good.
Any pattern you would love to make if money and time were no object? Hmm... I wish I had more patience for lacy shawls.
Favorite kind of needles (brand, materials, straights or circs, etc)? I've been considering short Addys for socks on 2 circs. I knit mostly on circulars, mostly on bamboo.
If you were a specific kind of yarn, which brand and kind of yarn would you be? Something soft and useful, but somewhat unassuming... maybe Manos in a single color, or a subtle colorway like Coffee.
Do you have a favorite candy or mail-able snack? Snobby chocolates, like Vosges and Lake Champlain.
What’s your favorite animal? I like dragons. And lemurs.
Do you have pets? What are their species/names/ages? Cassie, a Dalmatian/Terrier thingie (6) and Jasper, a Border Collie (7).
Do you have a wishlist? I do!
Anything else you’d like to share with the group today? Yes, but I gotta get back to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Now I have a great idea of what to dye for you....let the dyeing commence!
-Your Dye-o-rama Pal