Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Charlotte's Web Progress

My final skein of Koigu arrived yesterday, and it inspired me to work on Charlotte's Web for a little over two hours.

First of all, color 436 is gorgeous -- much better than it is in any of the pictures that I've found online. The Monet-like blues, greens and purples are lovely. Mmm.

I'm on row 103 of the pattern -- 211 stitches on the needles. It took me a little over 2 hours to knit from 91-103. That's 2,575 stitches, which means I'm knitting an average of about 21 stitches per minute. Woohoo. I have nothing to compare that to, so I'm not sure what it means, but it makes me happy to compute it. Obviously, that doesn't take into account the counting and the color changing and the weaving in ends, and the occasional frogging. I haven't had to rip back in awhile (knocking on desk). I've mostly realized that my mistakes, when I make them, are forgetting to yarn over after doing a SKP or S-k2tog-P. I've been counting each lace repeat as I purl back, so if I end up with 7 instead of 8 stitches, I can usually pick up the yarn where the yarn over should've been, and it's working itself out.

No comments: