Thursday, February 17, 2005

clog!

I admit it - I didn't make it to meetup last night because I had a headache. No, really -- I went biking in the cold and wind, and it gave me a headache. There was that, and the fact that I had nothing on needles that was really meetup-friendly. I have the afghan, which requires paying attention (and toting a lot of yarn), the sweater, which I haven't picked up in a month, so I don't even know where I am right now, and the clogs, which only had two rows left before they were done. It is time to start something new and portable -- I just have to figure out what.

So instead of going to meetup, I finished and felted my clogs from the Fiber Trends pattern while watching the new episode of West Wing and some Queer as Folk DVDs from Netflix. Hoorah!


Before

After

I haven't snipped off ends or anything fancy yet, but they're done! They took three skeins of Cascade 220 (two in the main color, one in the contrast), two size 13 circulars, and a decent amount of paying attention. The shaping is done in short-ish rows, but they aren't really that short. For example:

k1, m1, k29, m1, k1, m1, k16, wrap and turn (w&t), k25, w&t, k15, m1, k2, m1, k1, m1, k2, m1, k28, m1, k1.

That's a lot of paying attention just to get through row 2 of the pattern. I've noticed that when I'm counting stitches, somewhere in the teens, it takes a lot more concentration to remember what number I'm on, and what row in the instructions it corresponds to. I think I'll be retyping this pattern from small font in two columns on blue paper, to large font, single column, white paper, just to make it a little easier.

No comments: